Membership in the BPC is by audition and requires previous ensemble singing experience. Singers with good score-reading and sight-reading skills are preferred.
General auditions will be held in Summer 2013. Audition times are by appointment only between 6:00-9:00 pm each day. To schedule your audition appointment, contact Kathy Vitagliano, Chorus Manager, at 716-877-4714 or email@example.com.
- Bring a prepared solo (art song, oratorio, opera or Broadway only) to perform, with a copy for the provided accompanist.
- Be prepared to sight-read music that will be provided.
- Brief application.
- If applying for a paid position, bring a CV or resume of professional music experience.
- Voice Quality - the ability to sing in tune, on the breath and to adjust the weight, volume and size of the voice to meet the musical and stylistic challenges of the repertoire.
- Musicianship - the ability to read music (pitch, rhythm, dynamics, tempo, articulations and phrasing), follow the conductor and sing blended and in tune with your section.
About the BPC:
The Buffalo Philharmonic Chorus is the principal guest chorus of the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra. The BPC regularly rehearses
on Monday evenings from
7:30-10:00 pm at Daemen College (September-July). There are also occasional Saturday sectional rehearsals and mandatory orchestra rehearsals before each concert.
While we recognize that the BPC has a very intense schedule, membership in the BPC is an artistic privilege and an educational opportunity. Membership requires prompt and conscientious attendance at 80% of all rehearsals and concerts.
The Buffalo Philharmonic Chorus is an accomplished symphonic choir representing a diverse and multi-generational membership of dedicated vocal musicians. As an independent, non-profit organization, the BPChorus produces an annual concert series and enjoys frequent guest artist collaborations with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra.
The Chorus appears at various locations throughout Western New York including Kleinhans, Artpark, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo Museum of Science, Our Lady of Victory Basilica, and the Chautauqua Institution.